Shop Small is a nationwide movement to celebrate small businesses every day and to help communities thrive.
Created by American Express in 2010, Small Business Saturday® is the cornerstone of American Express Shop Small efforts. While Small Business Saturday is highlighted as a special day when we can show our support as a nation for small business owners and our communities, the Shop Small Movement is a year-round campaign to celebrate and support small businesses every day.
Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses across the country. This day is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
EIGHT REASONS TO SHOP SMALL AT CANCER THRIFT STORE OF BEAUFORT
1. BUILD COMMUNITY: Shopping small helps build our local community by keeping us connecting to those who live and work here.
2. JOB CREATION: Small businesses create jobs for the local community, helping our community thrive.
3. ECONOMIC BOOST: Money stays in our community and the taxes paid help boost the economy in our community.
4. COMMUNITY SATISFACTION: Local businesses bring personalized character to our community that large corporations can't give.
5. YOUR VOICE COUNTS: Small businesses care about their customers. They take time to talk to you, hear your concerns, and adjust to your needs.
6. ECONOMIC SUPPORT: Your donations and purchases allow the Cancer Thrift Store to provide financial assistance to local cancer patients.
7. EMOTIONAL SUPPORT: The Cancer Thrift Store has become an encouraging place for cancer patients, survivors, and their loved ones to share their stories.
8. CANCER AWARENESS: The Cancer Thrift Store provides educational materials on ways to prevent cancer, ways to treat cancer, and how to support people with cancer.
9. FUN: The Cancer Thrift Store is always full of vibrant and exciting people. Stop by and spend some time with friends and family.